There are plenty of resources and tips to help you make the most of one of the most popular eCommerce platforms on the market at Shopify.
In this article, we are going to list the top 4 offer a range of Shopify tips. The article will be aimed mainly at beginners and will give you a great starting point in the world of eCommerce. In each point, the main details will be highlighted.
1. Setting Up Your Store
- Hosting – None of the Shopify plans include domain or email hosting. Therefore, you need to contact an internet domain registrar such as GoDaddy or Namecheap. In connection with GoDaddy, you can register a domain for the first year. Also, one of the offers is support via e-mail. There you can register your company’s email address. You can also get 30% off your first order using code GET30OFF
- Payment Method – When you’re about to make your first payment to Shopify, you can get 10% off if you’re paying for an annual plan, or 20% off for a two-year plan (two years)
- Domain – Trying to find a name for your store? Not sure what’s available, then use it. the company name generator tool to see what domains are available.
Shopify website development services can also help.
- Topic – The most important element to consider. Shopify offers 9 free themes right out of the box, including the very popular Brooklyn theme. However, if you are very serious about your business, we would recommend one of the paid options or ask a developer to help you create your theme. This can help you stand out from the competition, which we’ll talk about later.
- Domain not connected – Initially, when you follow the steps to update your domain, you may see an error stating that your domain is not connected. Don’t worry, it can sometimes take up to 24 hours for a domain name’s DNS records to update.
- SSL – If you want to get an SSL certificate and set up your website on HTTPS (and you should), you will need to contact Shopify directly with questions, not your domain registrar
Here are a few things to consider when connecting a custom domain to your Shopify store.
- Transfer. After purchasing a domain, you can easily transfer it to Shopify. This allows you to manage all your domain settings using your Shopify admin section
- latency – remember that connecting a custom domain to Shopify. Plan for this in conjunction with the launch of your store as it could potentially delay you.
- TTL – There is a solution to the above and it is to lower the Time to Live (TTL) value of your domain. Check with your ISP to see if this can be reduced.
3. Store Launch
- Sales Channels – When Shopify users begin their journey, there is concern that they may be narrow-minded, focusing solely on their Shopify online store. However, studies from Harvard show that 73% of customers use multiple channels to shop from the same brand. Therefore, you need to sell your products on marketplaces like eBay, Amazon, Kik, and Google Shopping and use inventory management software to help you manage these. In 2021, Shopify’s revenue was more than $4.6 billion.
- Analytics – Setting up analytics on your website is one of the most important things you can do as it will give you invaluable insight into how visitors are interacting with your site or not. The best choice is Google Analytics. They have set up documentation and you can easily get started. We will also look at this in a little more detail in the next step.
- Delivery and payment – The task is not particularly exciting, but necessary. Please make sure your shipping is priced correctly and that you can send it to the locations you specified. For example, if you are a UK seller, would you like to ship to Northern Ireland?
It’s good to learn the technical elements of Shopify’s Liquid design program, but it’s important not to forget the bigger picture.
- Loading. If it lasts for a long time, your business will be destroyed. Make sure all your images are compressed with a tool like Compressor. Carousels should also be avoided, they slow down your site, and too frequent calls to action can confuse the client.
- Transformations. A/b testing is important because you like your design, but that doesn’t mean others will.
- USP. A fantastic website is great, but it doesn’t make it easy for the buyer to immediately understand what you’re promoting. This is not a slogan, but what the product offers, making that front and center vital.
A detailed description of your products is essential to the success of your e-commerce business and is arguably the most important aspect of your business. Once you have launched your website, you better be prepared for customer requests. The best way to achieve this is through chat in particular. You should be able to measure the performance of your store at all stages, and this detailed guide will help you set up the tool and how you can better understand your reports.