Anonymity is so important nowadays and so many users are searching for new tools and methods to get it. Being present online and at the same time staying incognito is a precious thing, so how to achieve it? Here in this article, we will share a couple of practical recommendations about the setup process of your anonymous server. More information about hosting and online anonymity can be found on the site – crypto-vps.com.
Anonymity in 7 steps
- VPN. The first step that should be considered by any user who set up the server is the usage of a Virtual Private Network. With the VPN you can be sure that your geography, name, and IP will be fully anonymous. Most of the options offer the masking of IP addresses and a high level of encryption. Once you have chosen a needed VPN service, you will no longer need to bother that someone is tracing your online activity. Luckily, there are so many options that you can choose and higher the level of your anonymity.
- Anonymity of the domain name. There are some extensions that do not need personal information in order to register a domain name. It is not a problem to buy a suitable domain name and don’t share your data online. The most reliable register services usually have “WHOIS” protection.
WHOIS is a publicly accessible database that contains the personal data of the account holders and usually has information related to email addresses, names, and even phone numbers. So, it can be easily detected who is an owner of a certain domain.
- Anonymous email. Among the top-rated anonymous providers of email addresses, we can specify Tutanota, ProtonMail, and Mailfence. By creating an account on one of the mentioned platforms you will get encryption of your data so that even the company behind it won’t get access. Of course, no one can guarantee 100 percent confidentiality, but you can greatly increase the privacy level when compared with usual email accounts. The protected ones keep the address private and in addition to this, the connections are also encrypted. One more great option for the increase of protection level is the usage of an alias system.
- Anonymous payment. An additional layer of protection may be added with the help of cryptocurrency. Most of reliable web hosting providers offer crypto in the list of payment methods. The privacy of this method is in the usage of cryptographic addresses so that you are not sharing your real names. Of course, it is not fully anonymous and no one can really guarantee you this, but at least you are getting some level of personal safety during the transaction. The most used crypto is considered to be Ethereum, Bitcoin, and Litecoin.
- Anonymous hosting. When you are searching for a hosting provider, you should check whether they offer anonymity for the clients. Usually, such information is noticeable right away when you are entering a website. As for the process of registration on such a platform, as a rule, users won’t fill in their personal information. If during the signing up, you are asked to specify such data then it is not an anonymous option.
In the situation when you have found a reliable web provider that doesn’t offer anonymous access, then you can use an anonymous email address and the same nickname. Additional information may be also included in such a way that you are not sharing any sensitive data.
- Offshore locations. If governmental organizations are controlling your website because of some regulations, then it may be difficult to solve the problem only by usage of the above-discussed variants. The best option here will be the choice of the offshore locations. Most web providers offer such options and users can have full freedom to share whatever they want without of fear of being detected.
A complex approach to this problem by the usage of a VPN, a reliable web provider, and an offshore location can guarantee the highest possible level of online anonymity. So, the sensitive data will not be identified with you and the government won’t control your shared information.
- Shared content can reveal your identity. Sometimes the users follow all the recommendations about server anonymity, but they can forget and mention something in their content that will reveal their personality. Sometimes even an image on your website can share some personal information and it will be accessible for all the users.
The process of setting up the anonymous server is almost the same as a usual server, but there are some peculiarities that you should pay attention to. First, you need to choose an anonymous email address provider, then choose a hosting provider and pay for the chosen plan with the cryptocurrency. Standard bank transactions won’t guarantee you the same level of privacy as purchasing with Bitcoin. Once you access the server, you don’t need to forget about the VPN.