Discord is a popular social media application used by more than 196.2 million users monthly. People use Discord to chat with their friends, have a call with them, or simply hang around on Discord Servers.
But sometimes, when signing up or logging in, some Discord users are met with the Email is Already Registered Error. This becomes very frustrating because you are unable to use Discord when you face this error.
If you face this error while signing up for Discord, then worry not. In this article, we will tell you how to fix the Email is Already Registered problem on Discord once and for all.
Why do you Face Email Already Registered on Discord Problem?
Before we fix the email already registered error, we must know the reason why this problem error occurs so that it does not happen again.
Here are the possible reasons why you are met with Email Already Registered when creating an account or logging in to a Discord Account.
- You have already created an account with the same email before and forgot about it.
- You are entering the wrong email ID that belongs to someone else.
- You are trying to log in to your Discord account from the signup page.
- Somebody else has created an account on Discord using your email.
How to Fix Email Already Registered Error?
Now that you know the reason for the error, it becomes easy to resolve it and use Discord without any issues.
We will mention different methods to solve this error. If one does not work, move on to the next method.
Method 1. Forgot Password
This method is used when you or somebody else has created an account with your email ID without your knowledge.
In that case, you just have to reset the Discord password and you will be able to log in to your account.
Here is how you can reset the password to fix discord email already registered error:
- First of all open the Discord login page.
- Now Enter your Email Address and click on Forgot Password which you will find under the Password Section.
- A pop-up will appear saying that the instructions for password reset have been sent.
- Now open your email and open the Email from Discord.
- Click on Reset Password. You will be redirected to the reset page.
- Set a new password for your Email Account.
- Now go to the Discord Login Page enter your email and new password and enjoy using Discord without an Email Already Registered Error.
Note – It is recommended to change your Email Password as well if somebody else has access to your Email Account.
If you are not getting any reset password emails, then proceed to the next method
Method 2: Check if the email you Entered is Correct
Most of the time users face Email is Already Registered Error when creating a new account because they entered the wrong email by mistake which is already being used by someone else on Discord.
This is why we recommend that you carefully check the email you enter when creating a new Discord Account.
Method 3: Contact Customer Support
If you are not getting any password reset email and the email you enter is correct as well then the last option you are left with is to contact Discord Support.
The Email Already Registered Error is so common on Discord that they have a support page for it.
Here is how you can contact Discord Support to create an account on Discord using your email without any error.
- Go to the Discord Support page by clicking the link here and click on Submit a Request.
- Select Help and Support from the drop-down menu under What can we help with option.
- Next, Enter your Email Address and select “Email is Already Registered” Error under Type of Question.
- In the Description, write about your problem. You can also add a screenshot but that is optional.
- Now click on Submit.
After a few days, after reviewing your request, Discord will fix the error that you face with your Email and you will be able to create a new account on Discord using the same email.
Discord is a great application but it is not devoid of errors. One of the errors that people generally face is that their email is already registered when creating an account.
If you face this error then you dont have to worry. Just follow this guide on how to fix email already registered on Discord and you are good to go.