When you’re a student, your life is anything but easy. Assignments stack up on your to-do list, with sometimes impossible deadlines forcing you to chug energy drinks and pull all-nighters. Throw a job into the mix, and you’d do anything just to get some relief.
This is where assignment help services like DoMyEssay usually come in. But today, they have a new rival: this time, though, it’s AI-powered.
GPT Chat became an instant favorite among college students, with 89% of them admitting they’ve used it for homework at least once, according to a Study.com survey.
But can you really rely on this AI-powered chatbot to help you with an assignment – and do so as well as a human expert could? Or should you still invest in help from an assignment writing service using domyessay promo code? We decided to investigate both approaches to help you decide.
GPT Chat: Perks & Shortcomings
But first: what is Chat GPT, exactly? ChatGPT is an AI-powered chatbot developed and made available by OpenAI. It learned to generate texts from terabytes of online content scraped from the Internet.
Here’s why students find the GPT chat bot worth at least giving a try:
- You don’t have to pay a dime to use it – its research version is free.
- It’s intuitive to use: you can pose a question or describe a request instead of filling out forms, and ChatGPT will do the rest.
- You get instant results since generating a response takes mere seconds.
But this tool comes with some serious shortcomings compared to its good-old assignment writing service alternative:
- Stale content. ChatGPT is great at paraphrasing, but it lacks the creativity to come up with fresh, creative texts.
- Potential penalties. AI-generated text is easy to spot with tools like GPTZero.
- Low-quality text. AI-generated texts are notoriously boring and lack a natural flow.
- No single source of truth. ChatGPT doesn’t know what’s right or wrong, so it can generate texts full of false statements.
- No in-built research capabilities. The chatbot isn’t connected to the Internet and can’t cite sources. So, you’ll have to do all the research and sourcing yourself, especially for complex tasks.
- Technical errors. Sometimes, the chatbot returns an error or is unavailable at peak traffic times.
Assignment Writing Services: Perks & Challenges
Now, let’s review the time-tested alternative to ChatGPT. An assignment writing service is a platform where you can hire an expert to help you with assignments.
Here are the advantages of turning to one:
- Personal approach. You can request the expert to match a specific writing style and tone of voice, include specific sources, or follow a specific structure.
- Plagiarism-free assignments. You can be certain your assignment will contain no plagiarism thanks to a free report.
- Confidentiality. When you use ChatGPT’s research version, everything you do is logged. With a platform, you don’t have to worry about privacy.
- Any assignment goes. No matter how complex or time-consuming it is, an expert can ace it.
- Expertise at your service. Experts can make fast work even of the most complex assignments, and they know how to live up to strict academic standards.
- Opportunity to learn from pros. The assignment you get can expand your knowledge on the topic and put you on the right track to mastering the discipline.
But, of course, getting assignment writing help isn’t without its cons:
- You should allow the expert at least six hours for them to do their job.
- You may need to request revisions after you receive the draft.
- You have to pay for such services, although they can be quite affordable (if you know where to look).
How the Two Stack Up
If you’re at a crossroads and the clock is ticking, what should you do? Should you entrust an expert with your assignment? Or turn to the creation of OpenAI?
Considering all the pros and cons of both approaches, we’d say DoMyEssay still beat ChatGPT in all academic writing matters. Here’s why:
- Some of them have decades of a proven track record to show for themselves. ChatGPT, in turn, is a new tool that still has plenty of kinks to work out.
- ChatGPT isn’t as versatile. It’s limited in text length (4,096 characters), and it can’t work with sources or imitate your tone of voice.
- You risk a lot if you rely on ChatGPT for assignment help. If you get caught red-handed (which is likely, since it’s easy to detect the tool’s footprint), you may get put on probation or expelled.
If a free AI writing tool like ChatGPT looks too good to be true, it’s for a good reason. Using it for help with assignments comes with plenty of asterisks, from clichés in the generated text to its inability to do research and cite sources.
So, if you’re a student who wants hands-free, all-inclusive help with your homework, a DoMyEssay remains your best bet. No matter how smart ChatGPT may look, it can’t replace the skills of an expert in their field.
Of course, not every platform out there deserves your trust. But DoMyEssay does. It can connect you with a vetted expert in a matter of minutes, with all guarantees in place to give you peace of mind.